Who should attend?
This course is for teachers and school ancillary staff.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
Booking for large numbers of course delegates? Have a look at on-site training options.
This course will cover first aid procedures pertinent to a school environment:
- The role of the first aider
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)*
- Child resuscitation (CPR)
- Unresponsive child
- Primary survey
- Unresponsive adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Choking child
- Allergic reaction
- Choking adult
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Head injuries
- Giving medication at school (including auto-injectors)
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries