Who should attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive our most thorough first aid training. It is most suited to those working in high-risk environments, such as building sites or warehouses.
Candidates need a basic command of English (defined as Level 2). While we are often able to provide support to people who do not have English as a first language, our ability to do so is limited by the time available and the number of people who require assistance. We may be able to make special arrangements if requested in advance. Please contact us if you need any guidance.
Booking for large numbers of students? Have a look at on-site training options.
Need to requalify? - We deliver Blended Online First Aid at Work Requalification courses and First Aid at Work Requalification courses.
How long is a First Aid at Work course?
The course is delivered one day a week, over three weeks and takes place in the classroom.
What topics are covered on a First Aid at Work course?
- Adult resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reaction
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Choking adult
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Defibrillator prompts and how to respond (theory based)
- Defibrillator pad placement (theory based)
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive adult