Badger First Aider is an advanced micro-subject for older and more experienced Badgers who have a good knowledge of the first aid skills covered in the mandatory First Aid Badger subject.
Badgers must be aged nine or over before starting Badger First Aider.
This subject encourages Badgers to:
- develop an enhanced understanding of some additional life-saving techniques
- undertake refresher training for all the topics covered in First aid Badger
- demonstrate their maturity through their initial incident management as well as communication and care of a casualty
- develop an awareness that first aid good practice is underpinned by robust theory
- know when to perform resuscitation
- gain experience of performing resuscitation for all ages on manikins
- gain an understanding of seizures, low blood sugar levels and strokes
- recognise and provide first aid for a casualty having a seizure
- recognise and treat a casualty with low blood sugar levels
- recognise a stroke and know how to respond
- participate in more complex simulation activities to consolidate their learning
enjoy learning first aid skills and feel proud of being able to use them effectively.