Communicate Badger explores the many ways that humans communicate, from braille for the visually-impaired to two-way radios at St John Ambulance events and the role of local newspapers.
Clear communication in a first aid situation as well as making an emergency call are key skills that Badgers will learn.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- know how to make an emergency call in the UK and Europe
- understand how St John Ambulance uses radios at events
- practise communication in first aid and emergency responses
learn ‘hello’ in other languages
- create their own newspaper, radio show, book or comic strip
- observe body language and be able to communicate without using words
- consider the importance of signs, symbols and logos
- explore communication techniques for people with hearing and sight impairments
- find out about the British postal system
- know how to get local news and information.