Global Badger explores the world beyond the sett and the UK to promote an understanding of different cultures, beliefs and ways of life.
By looking at how people around the world eat, dress, communicate and celebrate, Badgers learn to appreciate, respect and celebrate the traditions found in the UK and beyond.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- recognise similarities and understand the differences of people around the world
- explore the importance of worship
- reflect on the meaning of identity
- consider their own beliefs and those of others around them
- know more about festivals observed by different faiths and cultures
- understand what a passport is and when it is used
- communicate in other languages and with postcards
- take part in international celebrations
- look at and make clothing from other countries and cultures
- taste the world through international food
- celebrate the diversity found in the world and at home
- have fun discovering the world they live in.