You and Your Fundraising Activity
Terms & Conditions
- I understand that, in organising a fundraising activity (the Activity), I am organising such event at my own risk as an independent supporter of St John Ambulance and take full responsibility for organising the Activity (including the health and safety of all individuals involved in the Activity). I will not seek to hold St John Ambulance, their employees, or their agents responsible for any injury, loss or harm resulting from me organising the Activity or seek to make it liable for loss of any kind. For the avoidance of doubt the support of St John Ambulance in organising the event does not import liability on the part of St John Ambulance, the approval of any particular activity or any process involved therein.
- Preparatory to undertaking the Activity
- I agree to obtain all necessary licenses or permissions needed for the Activity from the appropriate regulatory body.
2.2. I agree to obtain and maintain appropriate insurance for the activity, to cover risk of injury or death to participants and fundraisers.
2.3. I agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of any country in which the activity is to take place or be publicised.
2.4. I agree to comply with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Fundraising Practice provisions and Charity Commission Guidelines for events and activities taking place in the UK. Code of Fundraising Practice | Fundraising Regulator
2.6. I shall conduct a risk assessment to ascertain whether there are any risks associated with taking part in the activity and take all appropriate steps to mitigate such risks as in my own judgment and by the exercise of my discretion I consider appropriate.
2.7 I confirm that I will disclose when prompted, any medical condition or impairment that may be detrimental to my health if I (or any other participant) participate in the Activity. If I become aware of any such medical condition or impairment (or that of any other participant in the Activity) I will withdraw from the activity and ensure that such other person withdraws. If I am in any doubt as to my (or any other person’s) physical ability to take part in the activity I will consult my doctor before arranging to take part and advise such other person to do likewise;
3.. If a claim is made against St John Ambulance in relation to the Activity (except where the Activity has been organised by the charity and in its name) or arising out of any breach by me or those other person engaged in the Activity of these terms and conditions, I agree to reimburse St John Ambulance for any sums which it pays as a result of that claim including, but not limited to, any associated legal or other costs and expenses and to indemnify St John Ambulance against all loss whether direct or indirect
- If requested to do so by St John Ambulance I agree to immediately stop fundraising in aid of St John Ambulance and to then immediately:
4.1. Return any funds I have raised in aid of St John Ambulance to my sponsors or to any persons who have paid to take part in the Activity (if the activity has not yet happened) and then immediately pay any money (not returned in this way) to St John Ambulance; and
4.2. Stop using any St John Ambulance Materials I still have and return them to St John Ambulance (or destroy them if asked to do so by St John Ambulance) and delete any electronic copies I have of St John Ambulance Materials.
- 5. I understand that I must be 18 years of age or older to organise the Activity unless my parents or legal guardians agree and supervise.
- 6. I acknowledge that I am responsible for all costs and expenses incurred or arising in connection with the Activity.
- 7. I shall pay all proceeds from the Activity to St John Ambulance as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 28 days after the date(s) on which the Activity took place. All payments to St John Ambulance shall be made via debit or credit card, cheque, bank transfer or via a secure online fundraising page.
- 8. I agree to encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable St John Ambulance to recover basic rate tax on the donations.
Intellectual Property Rights in St John Ambulance Materials
- 9. I agree that any materials supplied by St John Ambulance to me for the purpose of the Activity will only be used in connection with the Activity and/or to carry out fundraising activities for the benefit of St John Ambulance. I acknowledge that St John Ambulance owns the intellectual property rights in such materials, and I will not use any materials in connection with any other activities without first obtaining St John Ambulance written approval.
- 10. Where St John Ambulance has provided me with pre-designed fundraising materials for me to complete with details of the Activity, I will only use the materials by reference to the guidelines provided. I understand that I am not authorised to use St John Ambulance logo and will not do so.
Personal Data and Photographs
- 11. I agree that St John Ambulance may use my contact details to contact me about my Activity.
- 12. All personal data held by St John Ambulance will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and UK GDPR and that I have read and understood the St John Ambulance privacy statement at Privacy Notice | St John Ambulance (sja.org.uk)
- 13. I agree that if I provide St John Ambulance with any photographs or videos taken during the Activity, these may be used by St John Ambulance for fundraising purposes, and I am satisfied that anyone appearing in such photographs or videos would have given their consent to such use.
St John Ambulance Liability
- 14. Without prejudice to the generality of the exclusions of liability set out above, nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude St John Ambulance liability in respect of death or personal injury sustained as a direct result of the negligence, breach of statutory duty or fraudulent misrepresentation of St John Ambulance, its employees or agents or any deliberate act or omission of St John Ambulance, its employees, or agents.
- 15. I will not do anything that threatens St John Ambulance reputation, name or charitable purpose. I acknowledge that, in the event that St John Ambulance reasonably believes that the Activity may damage its name or reputation, St John Ambulance has the right to require me to stop the Activity immediately.
- 16. St John Ambulance may vary these terms and conditions from time to time and the current and applicable terms are those available on this website as at the date of the commencement of the Activity.
- 17. In the event of any disparity between any other material provided by St John Ambulance in connection with the Activity the terms of these terms and condition shall prevail in every
- 18. During the Activity I agree to refer to raising money "in aid of" St John Ambulance rather than on behalf of St John Ambulance as I am not authorised in any manner to suggest that I act for or represent St John Ambulance.
- 19. I understand that St John Ambulance may withdraw its agreement for me to undertake the Activity on immediate notice and without providing any reason for its decision.
- 20. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with them is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- 21. My agreement to these terms and conditions is signified by registering my fundraising and I agree that by signing them I agree to be bound by them in every respect.
St John Ambulance
Edition Date: May 2022