Who should attend?
Those who need additional skills in how to prepare, manoeuvre and drive a range of ambulance vehicles in line with current legislation and driving regulations, including in normal and adverse weather conditions and in the dark. You must be 18 or older and have a valid UK driving licence to attend this course.
If you would like to register for a place, please complete this short form.
- How to undertake pre-shift checks
- Driving defensively
- Using a vehicle’s braking, steering, transmission and safety systems
- Speed control
- Driving on dual carriageways and motorways
- How to safely negotiate bends
- Using navigation aids
- Driving in adverse and dark conditions.