St John Ambulance Student Volunteers can be found at many universities and higher education institutions across the country, as members of First Aid Societies and Student Volunteering Units. If you're a current student or will soon be one, you can use this list to find your nearest team and get in touch.

If you have any questions about becoming a Student Volunteer, transferring from Cadets or starting your own First Aid Society, please contact our student team using the email

For more information on Student Volunteering in Wales, please visit St John Wales

London and South England

The following universities and higher education institutions have Student Volunteering Units:

  • Bucks New University
  • Brunel University London
  • Canterbury Christchurch University
  • Imperial College London
  • King's College London
  • Middlesex University
  • Queen Mary, University of London
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
  • St George’s, University of London
  • Universities at Medway
  • University of Greenwich
  • University of London Unit (open to all University of London Students)
  • University of Portsmouth
  • University of Reading
  • University of Roehampton
  • University of Southampton
  • University of Surrey
  • University of Brighton
  • University of Westminster

West England

Northern England

East England

Want to start a first aid society at your university?

Find out more in our quick guide to starting a university first aid society.