Caring Badger allows Badgers to think about caring for animals and people. Badgers learn about people who look after children and the roles of charities and professional health carers.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- understand why some animals make good pets and others don’t
- learn what pets need to be happy and consider what happens when a pet is unwell
- explore how animals move
- discover more about their senses and understand the difficulties when senses do not work properly
- understand that the body changes as it gets older and this can affect senses, memory and movement
- think about how to meet the needs of children with specific abilities and disabilities
- learn how people with serious disabilities manage to live independently
- find out more about the role of a children’s or animal charity
- identify people who help children
- explore different professional health and social care roles.