Scientific Badger aims to encourage Badgers to gain an interest in science as young as possible.
Laying the foundations through exciting opportunities to develop science knowledge and skills will hopefully inspire Badgers to gain a genuine interest in science. It will give them the tools and experiences early on to gain an interest in a career in the health profession, and in the world around them. This subject will provide the basics for understanding the world through the disciplines of chemistry, biology and physics. They should be encouraged to understand how science can be used to explain what is occurring, predict how things work and investigate causes.
This subject aims to encourage Badgers to:
- understand the key components of plants, as well as using their bodies to express the evolution from seed to plant/flower
- explore what is needed for plants to grow and survive through participation in experiments
- begin to understand and investigate living things and their habitats
- develop knowledge of how the human body works, identifying key organs and their functions
- discover the main components of our blood
- identify different sources of light and develop an understanding of reflection
- experiment with sinking and floating to understand the importance of size, density and shape in objects
- have fun in a practical way
- develop a love for science.