During this course delegates will practice conversational techniques and gain self-assurance by experiencing different mental health situations and behaviours during role play scenarios with expert actors.
This course can be delivered face-to-face or live online, delivered through different sessions. It is only available for group bookings on-site, that are customised to the requirements of each business - find out more.
On this course delegates will:
- be introduced to key mental health and wellbeing concepts and understand the impact of Covid-19 on mental health
- learn how to spot the signs of poor mental health
- explore the concept of human-centric management, the importance of trust and how to create a supportive work environment for effective relationships
- understand the key elements of a response: empathy, active listening, reassurance and support
- get to role play different scenarios developed from your own companies worker profiles, offering delegates an opportunity to practise a supportive conversation.
About 3 and a half hours.
- How to have a supportive conversation
- The impact of COVID-19 on mental health
- The contexts for different work types and different segments of the population
- Negative coping strategies used during the pandemic
- Spotting the signs of the impacts on mental health
- Five drivers of wellbeing in the post-pandemic work environment
- A human-centric management approach.
Who should attend?
All line managers who have a responsibility for the wellbeing of their team. This course is especially important as businesses start to return to the workplace and introduce new ways of working post lockdown.
Course options and customisation
We can tailor this course to meet your specific needs. Each course can have a maximum of 16 delegates attending, but you can choose how the training is delivered.
The customised course options include a 2-hour meeting to discuss your organisation's approach to workplace mental health, so we can adapt the role play scenarios and course slides.
Course delivery options are as follows:
- Customised - 1 actor with 1 facilitator
- Customised - 2 actors with 1 facilitator
- Customised - 4 actors with 1 facilitator
- No customisation - 1 actor with 1 facilitator
- No customisation - 2 actors with 1 facilitator