Services available in Brighton
- Mondays, 9am-11:30am at the First Base Day Centre, St Stephens Hall/Montpelier Place, Brighton BN1 3BF (view on Google maps)
- Thursdays, 6:30pm-7:30pm at the Mobile Treatment Centre on Brighton seafront
- Thursdays, 9am-11:30am at the First Base Day Centre, St Stephens Hall/Montpelier Place, Brighton BN1 3BF (view on Google maps)
A podiatrist is also available some Thursday evenings.
Most of our nurse consultations are for first aid, wound and foot care, drug- and alcohol-related matters, and skin disorders. Our nurse consultations take place during our drop-in sessions.
What we can do
- Administer first aid
- Treat wounds and change dressings
- Discuss current health concerns
- Specialised foot care with a podiatrist
- Referrals to appropriate services
- Give support and listen
- Health assessments
- Health promotion
- Provide socks, shoes, space blankets, sun cream, and other items
- Offer support attending health care appointments.
What we cannot do
- Prescribe medication
- Needle exchange
- Provide transport or accommodation
We work closely with local voluntary and statutory support agencies and in particular with Arch Healthcare Homeless Service, which offers GP and nurse-led primary health care to homeless people.
Get in touch
For more information about our Brighton Homeless Service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.